PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS BEFORE APPLYING
Based upon available resources, PROWUS is pleased to be able to provide music scholarships for students ages 8-18 in the Portland metro area. These scholarships are based on a review of the applicant's completed application.
- Music students ages 8-18.
- Currently enrolled in a music program or with private music instructor for at least one year.
- Study or performance in any music genre.
- Demonstration of financial need.
- GPA 3.0 or higher (middle and high school students); B average grade or higher (elementary students).
To evaluate your application, the following is required:
- Copies of last year’s household tax forms, pay stubs and any information that shows financial need.
- Two references from instructors or mentors.
- Transcripts of current semester grades.
- A written essay from applicant.
- A completed Application form.
All above items are mandatory and your application will be considered incomplete until all those items are submitted. Once the complete application package is received on or before the deadline, allow at least 2-4 weeks to process and review.
how to apply
● Select the Scholarship level / levels for which you would like to apply (only one scholarship awarded per individual per round). Each round is for a 6 month period and applicant is required to re-apply every round.
● Fill out the scholarship form for the specific scholarship (Make sure to send ALL pages when submitting.)
- Proof of Income: Submit household tax forms, pay stubs and any information that shows need.
- Transcript of current semester grades.
- Make sure school or instructor where scholarship money will be sent is identified.
- Essay (can be video or written).
- Provide referrals: Two instructors or references should fill out the reference form with signatures. Give instructors plenty of time to fill out the form and return BEFORE DEADLINE DATE.
REFERRALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AFTER DEADLINE DATE.
- Email application and all supporting documentation BY DEADLINE DATE to:
- Mail application postmarked BY DEADLINE DATE to:
- PROWUS Grant Committee P.O. Box 14115 Portland, OR 97293
notification and acceptance of scholarship
Students and parents will be notified via email or phone if scholarship is awarded.
Checks will be sent directly to instructor or school designated on application form after acceptance of scholarship is received by PROWUS from parent/guardian/student.
After receiving scholarship, parent/guardian or student are required to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours within the scholarship period. (Examples of volunteering: helping at show, hanging posters, social media or marketing support for a PROWUS event)
Select one or more of the scholarship levels below. (NOTE: only one scholarship will be awarded per applicant, per award cycle):
Emerging Artist: $250-500 award for artists age 8-18, with a least one year of music school or private instruction.
Recording Artist: Up to $1,000 award for artists age 10-18, with at least one year of music school or private instruction, who are actively making/writing/recording music.